Sr. Software Engineer – Inventor
The position is for a software engineer who will be creating and enhancing one of Autodesk's hero products Inventor®, working with a team of software development professionals who take pride in delivering products that reach over 300,000+ customers with significant annual revenue, and create best design tools used in the Industry Machinery, Mechanical and Consumer products.
Job Title and Number: Software Development Engineer
• Design, implement, test, troubleshoot, and debug the Inventor products.
• Deliver results that meet product specifications with a high level of quality and customer satisfaction.
• Work with extended teams of UX Design, Product Management, QA, Architect, and etc. to continuously deliver value to our customers.
• Estimate tasks and work towards schedule.
• Optimize source code to effectively leverage object-oriented design, development, and code reuse.
• Work as an integral member of a cross-site virtual team, making important individual contributions.
• BS degree required, MS degree preferred, in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Development experience on commercial software products.
• Familiarity with Graphics technology.
• Comprehensive technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation.
• Excellent programming skills with C++, primarily under Windows. Familiar with Windows platform development techniques, such as Visual Studio, MFC, WPF, etc.
• Strong learning and problem-solving skills.
• Soft skills (time management, organization skills, communication, etc.)
• Fluent and concise English communication, written and oral.
• Experience with CAD software usage or development is a good plus.
• Large scale software development is a plus.
• Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development practices is a plus.
Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you’ve ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you’ve experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything. For more information and open positions visit autodesk.com/careers. To see our culture in action, please check out #AutodeskLife on Instagram or facebook.com/autodeskcareers. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualiﬁed applicants without regard to race, gender, disability, veteran status or other protected category.