Are you a MySQL or PostgreSQL passionate? Do you want to join Microsoft in building and supporting the next Data Open Source projects in Azure? Now CSS GCR is hiring Open Source Support Engineer to support Microsoft Global Commercial customers.
- Provide in-depth technical support for customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
- Determine the best approach for resolving complex technical issues that will yield the desired turn-around time and optimal customer solution while minimizing the impact to the customer.
- Engage and collaborate with other Microsoft groups, including escalation teams and the R&D Team, and 3rd party support partner (Open Source), in gaining resolution to critical, complex issues.
- Provide exceptional customer service in politically charged environments.
- Create advanced online technical content including Knowledge Base articles, training documents, blogs, etc., as needed to help enhance our CSS Front of Funnel strategy and drive one-to-many customer and partner impact.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all related products, technologies and upcoming releases.
- Take proactive ownership in identifying and recommending product improvements in key product areas based on key data points.
- Present technical content to various audiences including customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Provide consulting services to partners and customers to increase product market share.
- Administration or software development in PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with multiple OSS database systems (Amazon Aurora, Amazon RDS, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Redshift)
- PaaS / IaaS experience (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure Cloud)
- Experience with different operating systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris)
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems as hosts for PostgreSQL/MySQL databases and client applications
- Skilled with PostgreSQL/MySQL database clusters, replication and high availability, tuning and scalability
- Knowledgeable of OSS database utilities and tools
- Ability to troubleshoot in a Linux environment
- Understanding of PostgreSQL extensions
- Knowledgeable of PostgreSQL/MySQL data structures and architecture